Thursday, 29 May 2014

May 29 - Thursday - Disneyland: California Adventure

Well, it's just 45 minutes till we leave Anaheim and head for the airport so it's the last minute packing and showers all round.  We did intend on having a rest here for an hour or so before leaving - that 15 hour plane ride is hard when you've been on your feet all day - but we're hoping we'll all be so exhausted that we'll sleep at the drop of a button.

I couldn't leave Disneyland/California Adventure without blogging (and bragging) of my big achievement just now.  I went on "California Screamin'"!  It's the biggest rollercoaster ever and it does a huge loop around mouse ears, then swoops up and around ever so high. Woo hoo!!!

Lorraine with John on the "California Screamin'" rollercoaster!!!!!

Claire and (California Adventure's) Minnie Mouse at "Planes World"
Claire made a friend on the very first ride we took this morning, "Soaring California" which was a fantastic ride.  So we hooked up with Lilly and her Mom and Grandmother and 3-year old brother, till we left at 6 pm.

Lilly and Claire
We went to the Maleficent and saw their "Exclusive Sneak Peek" of the movie.  It was truly fabulous in 3-D.  The very end of the show, we got a little excited when the seats sort of rumbled a bit - like a tickling of our fancies (John's explanation!)

Claire and Lilly at the Maleficent entrance.
We finished the day at "Car's Racers" and what a ride it was.  I didn't expect it to be quite the ride it was - in fact I was video-ing on my I-Pad for Connor - and Liv then all of a sudden, we started racing another car.  It was soooooo fast, but so much fun.  Thankfully I didn't drop the I-Pad.


For you, Connor - a ride on "Cars' Racers"
What a day it's been - what a "six weeks" it's been!  So many memories for all of us. 


 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blogs and the details. Safe travels home.

    ReplyDelete